Web Game Dev Open Jam – April 2023
Let's make open-source browser games together for a month!
The Web Game Dev Open Jam is an open-source game jam where we make browser games! It's a one-month event to give busy people a chance to participate, and it starts on April 1st! #NotAJoke
It is not a competition, and there are no winners or prizes. There is also no theme so build whatever you want! It's a relaxed event to create cool games with cool people, learn new things, make friends, and have fun. Participating in multiple projects or giving occasional feedback or help without committing to a project is fine too.
- Join the Web Game Dev Discord (opens in a new tab) and the itch.io jam (opens in a new tab) (optional).
- React with the 🍓 emoji in the #📜 rules-and-roles (opens in a new tab) channel (and read the Discord server rules).
- Go to the #🍓 jam-projects (opens in a new tab) channel and check out the projects!
- If there is a project you like, let the author know how you can help. They will decide if it's a good fit.
- If you are available but don't have a project idea, you can create a post with the 🙋 Available tag.
- Or create a new post to propose your own project! Read the guidelines when creating the post.
During the jam, use the game's original post in #🍓 jam-projects (opens in a new tab) to share updates or chat about the game. You can also add your teammates as friends and create a private group chat on Discord. Use #🥤jam-general (opens in a new tab) to discuss the event, game ideas, ask questions, or just hang out.
If needed, we can provide repositories on the Web Game Dev GitHub organization (opens in a new tab). Discuss which Open Source license (opens in a new tab) you want to use with your teammates. Please let them know if you intend to keep working on the game after the jam and potentially release it commercially, so the situation is clear for everyone.
🚀 Let's goooooo! See you on Discord (opens in a new tab)! 👋